New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development agencies in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development. It has provided training to community development professionals from around the country and the world, having hosted representatives from more than 20 countries in recent years. The goal of New Community is to help community residents improve the quality of their lives to reflect individual God-given dignity and personal achievement.
Overall leadership and management of maintenance and housekeeping of NCC Harmony House transitional housing facility. The Facilities Coordinator will ensure facility is in compliance with all federal, state and local regulations and cleanliness of facility and its grounds.
The Facilities Coordinator is responsible for the maintenance, housekeeping, supplies and inventory, unit inspections of NCC Harmony House facility, including but not limited to, supervising maintenance staff. The Facilities Coordinator Worker will address maintenance related items and directing daily maintenance operations of the facility in compliance with all current applicable federal, state, and local regulations. This hand on position requires an individual with HVAC certification, plumbing, electrical and preventive maintenance experience.
- Ensure facility is in compliance with maintenance and safety regulations in accordance with New Jersey State housing regulations and applicable federal regulations as well as funders’ contractual requirements.
- Develop, plan and execute preventative maintenance program, routine maintenance & repair.
- Identifying projects and implementing systems that ensure optimum facility and equipment operations.
- Organize and direct employee assignments to maximize effective and efficient work schedules.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair within the facility and equipment such as:
- routine electrical
- Identify needed supplies for projects and repairs as well as maintain monthly inventory logs.
- Coordinate with and oversee contractors.
- Prepare reports and maintain: service, training and inspection records and required data collection.
- Assist in the establishment of policies and procedures ensuring compliance with government and organization safety regulations.
- Conduct regular safety inspection tours
- Preparing maintenance function reports
- Communicate and coordinate maintenance related work with other department directors.
- Delivers superior customer service and represents the company in a professional manner always.
- Maintains and safeguards all company tools and equipment.
- Maintain the facility, which may include painting, carpet repairs, cleaning, general repairs, and any necessary duties to provide our residents with that quality move in experience.
- Has knowledge of maintenance functions such as plumbing, HVAC, basic electric, general carpentry skills and painting
- Supervises the Maintenance staff.
- Attends and participates in training programs as required by company.
- Perform other assignments as directed by facility Administrator.