New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development agencies in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development. It has provided training to community development professionals from around the country and the world, having hosted representatives from more than 20 countries throughout the years. The goal of New Community is to help community residents improve the quality of their lives to reflect individual God-given dignity and personal achievement.
- Assists students individually or in groups with homework assignments.
- Use positive discipline techniques when addressing children.
- Support children’s emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and promoting positive self-esteem.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as requested by Program Coordinator
- Attend staff training and meetings as needed