Food Service Director (Full-Time)
Extended Care Facility
New Community Corporation
New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development agencies in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development.
Long Term Care/Sub Acute Facility located in Newark, New Jersey is seeking a Food Service Director (FSD) to join its dynamic staff. In this role, the FSD will be responsible for planning, organizing and developing a comprehensive Food Service Program in collaboration with the Dietician to ensure proper therapeutic diets of all residents. In addition, the FSD will ensure the proper utilization of supervised kitchen staff.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes and experience:
- Knowledgeable of State and Federal sanitary health codes and food handling regulations.
- Experience managing the day to day tasks associated with planning, organizing and developing a comprehensive Food Service Program.
- Prior supervisor/management experience.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate patience, tact, enthusiasm and a positive attitude toward the elderly.
- New Jersey State Department of Health Food and Sanitation 90 hour Certification or Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition.
- Two (2) plus years of experience in a LTC /Sub-Acute setting.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish), preferred