The Security Officer (SO) will be responsible for promoting the NCC mission in all service delivery, ensuring quality, professionalism and efficiency of the services provided. Responsibilities include maintaining a safe and secure environment for clients, residents, visitors, employees and surrounding public by patrolling and monitoring premises. The SO will report to the Director or superior Officer
To secure premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures;
- Conduct hourly rounds to ensure that building occupants have a safe and pleasant experience.
- While making hourly rounds, check stairwells, fire exit fixtures, building structure and inspect windows and doors to ensure locks are in place and working, and report problems to the Superior Security Officer
- Respond to alarms and calls of distress; call base, police or fire departments in cases of emergency
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Maintain a shift log and write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences
- Be familiar with and understand the building’s Emergency Action Plan and evacuation procedures and carry out emergency procedures as necessary.
- Assist building occupants and visitors in exiting the building in the event of an emergency which may including lifting and carrying
- Use walkie-talkies and cell phones to stay in contact with security personnel
- Controls traffic by directing drivers
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property
- Maintain a flexible schedule as evening and weekend work may be required
- Other related duties as required by supervisor