NCC is seeking a Teacher Assistant (TA) to participate as an integral part of the teaching team for the purpose of carrying out the program as planned in coordination with the Teacher, taking into account the social, cognitive and health needs of the children.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate the ability to provide and maintain a professional working relationship among co-workers, parents and/or guardians; to cultivate a warm relationship between program personnel, parents and/or guardians.
- Experience interacting with children in a positive, warm and nurturing manner while maintaining a sense of humor with children.
- Assist in the planning process of age-appropriate skill-oriented curriculum.
- Adhere to all DYFS Licensing Requirements by law.
- Attend and participate in center-based events such as parent and/or staff meetings; in-service training.
- Assist in keeping materials and equipment accessible and in good condition to ensure maximum use by children.
- Assist with the feeding, diaper changing and toilet training according to program policy.