New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development agencies in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development.
In this role, the Occupancy Specialist (OS) will be responsible for monitoring and processing housing certification, voucher, and special claims. This includes but not limited to processing applications and background checks in accordance with Federal/State/City policies and regulations. Candidate must be bilingual (Spanish/English Speaking) and have work experience in the affordable housing industry and familiarity with HUD and LITC.
- Direct monitoring and the processing of Certifications, Vouchers and Special Claims
- Coordinating and conducting internal desk reviews.
- Overseeing all aspects of the application process, including interviewing, background checks and making appropriate assessment in determining occupancy’s portion of rent and leasing documentation preparation
- Experience using TRACS processing and monitoring the qualifications of residents as their income changes
- Knowledgeable of Federal/State/ City compliance housing procedures and experience implementing and updating policies and regulations
- Ability to effectively communicate rules and regulations to staff members and residents