New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development agencies in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development.
The Plumbers Assistant provides general plumbing services throughout NCC properties. Also responds to plumbing related work orders and emergency calls. As a member of the Environmental Services Department will also be assigned to other locations within the NCC network of properties to perform maintenance related duties both indoors and/or outdoors. This includes, snow/ice removal, room set-ups, landscaping duties, etc.
- Responsible for plumbing installation and repair throughout NCC locations including residential, school and facility settings.
- Plan and complete all necessary steps in the installation, maintenance, repair and servicing in water and drain systems.
- Perform work on various plumbing systems, including instillation.
- Install sinks, toilets, bathtubs, showers and other type of appliances.
- Responsible for troubleshooting plumbing related matters including instillation, repairs and maintenance of plumbing systems.
- Address instances of system malfunctions, interruptions and failures.
- Collaborate with HVAC Technicians on work assignments.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools equipment in performing duties.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Can be called into to work outside of business hours for emergencies.
- Communicate with Property Manager with building related work projects/issues.
- Document work completed
- Operates motor vehicles
- Orders materials required to accomplish given tasks
- Accountable for assigned company tools.
- Follow all safety guidelines, including procedure for reporting work relates accidents.
- Demonstrates respect, cooperation, consideration and tact in dealing with peers, supervisors and
- Demonstrate professionalism consistent with mission, vision and values of New Community Corporation with all residents, clients, families, fellow employees and external contacts.
- Perform any additional duties as deemed necessary.