New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development agencies in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development. It has provided training to community development professionals from around the country and the world, having hosted representatives from more than 20 countries throughout the years. The goal of New Community is to help community residents improve the quality of their lives to reflect individual God-given dignity and personal achievement.
The HVAC Technician will install and maintain all aspects of temperature control systems throughout NCC properties. Will also install and maintain HVAC systems and work on fuel supply lines, air ducts, vents, compressors, evaporators and piping. As a member of the Environmental Services Department will also be assigned to other locations within the NCC network of properties to perform maintenance related duties both indoors and/or outdoors. This includes, snow/ice removal, room set-ups, landscaping duties, etc.
- Install, adjust, repair and inspect heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment including forced air furnaces, boiler, water pumps, chillers, air conditioning units, exhaust fans, air filters, compressors, cooling towers, heat exchanges, refrigerators and gas stoves.
- Residential HVAC technicians install and repair heating and air quality systems, as well as refrigeration systems
- Prior to installing an HVAC system, technicians and review specifications
- May periodically return to check up on system’s performance
- Conduct preventative maintenance on systems.
- Troubleshoot system issues as they arise; adjust system settings and conduct performance tests using specialized tools.
- Use of variety of hand and power tools equipment in performing tasks.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work area.
- Document work completed
- Communicate with Property Manager with building related work projects/issues.
- Can be called into to work outside of business hours for emergencies.
- Operates motor vehicles
- Orders materials required to accomplish given tasks
- Accountable for assigned company tools.
- Follow all safety guidelines, including procedure for reporting work relates accidents.
- Demonstrates respect, cooperation, consideration and tact in dealing with peers, supervisors and
- Demonstrate professionalism consistent with mission, vision and values of New Community Corporation with all residents, clients, families, employees and external contacts.
- Perform any additional duties as deemed necessary.