In this role, the Group Teacher is responsible to provide a teaching model; observing, and contributing to the evaluation of the children. The primary goal of the Group Teacher (GT) is to ensure that the needs of each child in the group are met. The essential functions and responsibility of this position includes but not limited to:
- Working within the structure of the company to carry out the functions, policies, and practices as established by the governing boards.
- Maintain supportive and consistent team teaching among self and Teachers Assistants to ensure quality educational programming on a daily basis.
- Maintain supportive working relationship with parents/guardians to enhance a warm exchange between program personnel and parents/guardians.
- Keeping the governing boards informed of any major educational problems affecting the classroom either internally or externally imposed
- Planning for smooth transition of children's entrance and withdrawal from center classrooms.
- Maintain educational equipment and materials accessible and in good condition used to encourage maximum use for teaching.
- Ordering new educational materials and supplies under the direction of governing boards.
- Update and maintain children's files with necessary information to ensure the files are accurate and complete.
- Maintain inventory of educational supplies and equipment
- Support good communication between parents, self and the center.
- Adpprehend to all DYFS Licensing Requirements as required by law.
- Attend on going educational meetings to ensure coordination between program component and continous development of integrated curriculum.