New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development agencies in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development.
Perform tasks related to carpentry work indoors and outdoors throughout NCC properties, responsible for constructing, installing, erecting and repairing fixtures and structures made from wood or related materials. As a member of the Environmental Services Department as need of the corporation, will be assigned to other locations within the NCC network of properties to perform maintenance related duties both indoors and/or outdoors. This includes, snow/ice removal, room set-ups, landscaping duties, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform carpentry services, including planning, drafting, ordering of materials, construction, finishing and presenting final product to supervisor.
- Provide supervisors with updates on project timelines as tasks are completed and inform of issues or concerns when appropriate.
- Work with a team of crew members by providing instruction, direction and support during the course of the project.
- Determine the appropriate materials and supplies necessary for each step of the job and generate accurate lists of everything that is required.
- Analyze project plans and drawings to ensure that measurements, processes and materials are properly being followed for best results.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools equipment in performing duties.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Communicate with Property Manager with building related work projects/issues.