New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey, is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development organizations in the country. New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development.
The Community Health Worker is responsible for connecting clients with resources for COVID-19 vaccine as well as promoting the services provided by the Family Service Bureau.
- Under supervision of Program Manager, assist in implementation of programs for organizational effectiveness.
- Complete the training requirements as set forth by the department/funder.
- Conduct outreach, networking and provide education.
- Collaborate with community partners to reduce social determinants of health issues that clients may encounter.
- Participate in community engagement activities for outreach, community empowerment and non-traditional partnerships to link families to housing, employment, transportation, food, etc.
- Provides confidential support to the CHHS.
- Ability to work outside of traditional business hours as needed, including evenings and weekends