New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey, is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development organizations in the country. New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development.
The Community Health Worker will be responsible for connecting clients with resources for COVID-19 vaccine as well as providing education in the community for the same. The CHW will also be responsible for promoting the NCC mission in all service delivery, ensuring quality; professionalism and efficiency of the services provided and that they are administered in accordance with all state and federal laws, regulations and NCC’s established policies and procedures.
- Under supervision of CHHS, assist in implementation of programs for organizational effectiveness.
- Complete the training requirements as set forth by the department/funder.
- Conduct outreach, networking and provide education.
- Collaborate with community partners to reduce social determinants of health issues that clients may encounter.
- Participate in community engagement activities for outreach, community empowerment and non-traditional partnerships to link families to housing, employment, transportation, food, etc.
- Provides confidential support to the CHHS.