New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development organizations in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development.
The Intake Counselor is responsible for planning and preparing the screening and intake process on prospective clients as well as needed documents and/or related documentation for client’s files under the direct supervision of a licensed clinician.
- Ability to speak, write and read in English;
- Ability to comprehend and demonstrate counseling competencies;
- Internet, email, word processing, graphics and multimedia, spreadsheets and databases;
- Computer Literacy of elemental computer operations;
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft, Excel, NJSAMS, eHR ICANotes;
- Ability to work independently as well as under supervision;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all customers, vendors and government officials in a face to face, one to one setting, using the telephone, virtually or in a group setting;
- Work cooperatively with others;
- Valid New Jersey Driver’s License in good standing;
- Travel between locations as required
- LCADC/CADC (preferred)