New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development agencies in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development. It has provided training to community development professionals from around the country and the world, having hosted representatives from more than 20 countries throughout the years. The goal of New Community is to help community residents improve the quality of their lives to reflect individual God-given dignity and personal achievement.
The Summer Camp Counselor will be responsible for the supervision of children attending summer camp aftercare program. Ensure the safety, well-being and personal growth of campers. Summer Camp Staff must demonstrate positive, professional role modeling at all times; acting in a manner that is consistent with the Mission of New Community Corporation.
- Observe and demonstrate knowledge of specific likes/dislikes of campers and adapt activities accordingly.
- Insure the safety of all campers
- Provide opportunities for the group so each individual camper experiences success at camp.
- Supervise, assist other staff, and actively participate in all aspects of the camper’s day.
- Set good examples for campers in all areas, including cleanliness, punctuality, and sportsmanship.
- Encourage respect for personal property, camp equipment, and facilities.
- Actively participate in pre-camp training and attend daily meetings.
- Submit all required paperwork on time.
- Additional responsibilities as directed by supervisor(s).
SECTION 2 Education Requirements
- At least post high school graduate of one year or more.