New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development organizations in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development. It has provided training to community development professionals from around the country and the world, having hosted representatives from more than 20 countries throughout the years. The mission of New Community is to help residents of inner cities improve the quality of their lives to reflect individual God-given dignity and personal achievement
In this role, the Intensive Case Manager (ICM) will provide case management/social services to disadvantaged populations by planning, referrals, service coordination, client and community education, client and group counseling, and the documentation of all case management activities. This position works under the supervision of the Program Director.
- Commitment to and understanding of the NCC mission
- Experience conducting outreach and providing case management/social services to disadvantaged populations
- Demonstrate respect and non-judgmental attitudes toward associates in all contacts with professionals and agencies
- Ability to establish rapport, including management of crisis situations and determination of need for additional professional assistance
- Ability to provide case management services for clients as necessary, to benefit successful and effective delivery of counseling services by assess treatment and recovery progress and making appropriate changes to the individual service plan to ensure progress toward program/associates goals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of associate record management
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.