New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development agencies in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development
Instructors are responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth. Instructors are responsible for organizing and implementing a program that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with NCC-Adult Learning Center standards. Instructors will provide services throughout the Center’s four (4) nine (9) week cycle educations sessions.
- Implement instructional activities that contribute to students being actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences within a positive environment.
- Identify, select, and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Assist in assessing and changing curricular needs and offer plans for improvement by communicating effectively, both orally and in writing, with students and other professionals on a regular basis.
- Ensure that student growth and achievement are continuous and appropriate for the subject area and program description in an adult environment. Instructors will be responsible for administering regular tests and state approved post-tests to each of their students.
- Maintain effective and efficient record keeping procedures. Attendance must be reported electronically to the administration the last day of every month or the end of the course whichever comes first.
- Collaborate with the school to enhance the instructional environment. Model professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, peers, and the community.
- Every course must have a syllabus and it must be distributed to the students the first day of class. The administration should have a copy on file at least a week before classes start. Classes have to start and finish on time, with no exceptions.
- Civics is an important part of the curriculum and as such it has to be formally included within every syllabus.
- Assume responsibility for meeting course and student performance goals by demonstrating gains through student evaluations
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor. All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established as part of the performance reviews.