In this role, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides direct nursing care to residents and supervises the day to day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants in accordance with current Federal, State, Local standard,guidelines, and regulations that govern the facility and as may be directed by the Administrator and/or Director of Nursing to ensure the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
- Support the mission of the organization
- Prepare and administer medication as ordered by the physician in accordance with the facility's policies and procedures
- Monitor seriously ill residents as necessary
- Ensure safety and sanitation are maintained in resident's rooms and all work areas.
- Consulting with the resident's physician in providing the residents's care, treatments, rehabilitation, etc.
- Administer professional services within the scope of nursing practices.
- Complete all charting as required and in accordance with established charting and documentation policies and procedures
- Must be knowledgable of general rehabilitation, restoration nursing, and medical pratices, laws, regulations and guidelines governing long term care.
- Ability to communicate with residents, families, personnel, and supporting agencies.
- Ability to remain calm under stressful circumstances
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate and interpret interpret information in making independent decisions.
- Must respond to pages in a timely manner