New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development agencies in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development. It has provided training to community development professionals from around the country and the world, having hosted representatives from more than 20 countries in recent years. The goal of New Community is to help community residents improve the quality of their lives to reflect individual God-given dignity and personal achievement.
The Cook is responsible for preparing breakfast and lunch for NCC operations, which include Community Hills, Harmony House, and Extended Care.
- Prepare, season, and cook soups, meats, vegetables, or other food items
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly at appropriate temperatures in order to prevent spoilage
- Check quality of all ingredients
- Package food items for delivery to various NCC sites.
- Help prepare food for special events.