New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development organizations in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development.
Under the direction of the Clinical Director, the Clinical Team Lead will be responsible for the provision of direct clinical services to children, adult, family and co-occurring population at the Family Service Bureau office located in the Kearny and Newark offices as needed. In addition, the Clinical Team Lead will serve as a guide to full time and part time Clinicians and interns to maintain department growth and success.
- The purpose of this position is to provide quality clinical services to clients and serve as an ambassador of the agency with the community that Family Service Bureau serve.
- Conduct psychosocial evaluations to assess and diagnose clients for mental health disorders using the DSM-V ;
- Facilitate individual and family therapy sessions on a weekly or biweekly session based on client need
- Facilitate bi-monthly HUD trainings for NCC Management
- Serve as main point of contact for EAP referrals and services
- Input all documentation within 24 hours of client contact
- Learn and utilize the Electronic Health Record (EHR) for chart maintenance as per agency, accrediting agencies and licensing guidelines
- Provide monthly statistics to ensure compliance to contractual guidelines.
- Provide guidance to lower-level clinicians and interns
- Serve as a task supervisor for interns