New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development organizations in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development. It has provided training to community development professionals from around the country and the world, having hosted representatives from more than 20 countries throughout the years. The mission of New Community is to help residents of inner cities improve the quality of their lives to reflect individual God-given dignity and personal achievement.
The Home Friend employee (HF) provides free light household chore services to qualified senior and disabled adults.
- Perform light housekeeping: sweep, dust, mop, vacuums, clean kitchen and bathroom areas.
- Provide laundry: gather soiled laundry, wash, dry, fold and store clean laundry/linen
- Provide food shopping, storing of food, light meal preparation.
- Escort resident to medical appointments
- Perform local errands to pay bills
- Pick -up prescription
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.