New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development agencies in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development
The Building Maintenance Worker will perform a variety of maintenance duties relating to repair, cleaning, painting, plumbing, carpentry, and electrical at their assigned property location. The Building Maintenance Worker will also provide general duties related to cleanliness and appearance of interior and exterior area of assigned property.
SECTION 1 Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs daily maintenance services throughout assigned property.
- Performs a variety of preventative maintenance routines.
- Perform basic plumbing, simple electrical, carpentry, tiling, flooring and miscellaneous repairs.
- Complete work-orders as assigned by Superintendent, Property Manager(s) and/or designated supervisor.
- Complete daily work orders and other assigned tasks. Turn in completed paperwork at the end of
each shift worked.
- Responsible for tasks, such as fixing leaky pipes, painting rooms, patching drywall and
- Perform repairs as necessary.
- Perform duties relating to apartment turnover for new residents; replacing cabinets, flooring, painting, toilets, cleaning, sinks, faucets and related repairs.
- Perform tasks related to preparing apartments for new residents, including cleaning and repairing.
- Prepare and turnover of residential apartments for incoming residents areas. Tasks will include tasks such as cleaning, painting and preparing.
- Operate, maintain and repair a variety of mechanical tools and equipment.
- Repair and maintain electrical lighting and fixtures.
- Ensuring building and grounds are cleaned and maintained.
- Address pest control issues as needed.
- Room set up and break down for special projects and special events.
- Provide on-call and after hours coverage in case of emergencies. Such as snow and ice removal, salting.
- Follow all safety guidelines, including procedure for reporting work relates accidents.
- Demonstrates respect, cooperation, consideration and tact in dealing with peers, supervisors and
- Demonstrate professionalism consistent with mission, vision and values of New Community Corporation with all residents, clients, families, fellow employees and external contacts.
- Perform any additional duties as deemed necessary.
- As a member of the Environmental Services Department as need of the corporation, you may be assigned to other locations within the NCC network of properties to perform maintenance related duties both indoors and/or outdoors.