New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey, is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development organizations in the country. New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development.
The Director will have oversight of client program compliance, rent collection and compliance with contracts and other funding requirements. The Director will also be a liaison between the program and governing bodies, such as, Essex County Welfare (ECW), Department of Training, Economic Development (DTED), Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), and Social Services for the Homeless (SSH) and Federal, State and local representative.
- Serve as primary contact person for the program when working with or responding to inquiries from all internal and external contacts
- Evaluate the work of staff to ensure that programs are of appropriate quality and that resources are used effectively.
- Ensure safety and security of facility’s residents, employees and volunteers.
- Supervise Senior Case manager to ensure case plans are developed and maintained for each individual based on individual needs.
- Prepare and submit timely statistical reports weekly, monthly, quarterly and year end to the State of NJ and any other governing bodies, in addition to financial reports and budgeting with Finance Department.
- Secure adequate and appropriate grants to support and promote the maintenance of current programs
and the development of new programs.
- Conduct random unit inspections on weekly basis. Ensure unit inspections are completed by appropriate staff