New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development agencies in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development. It has provided training to community development professionals from around the country and the world, having hosted representatives from more than 20 countries throughout the years. The goal of New Community is to help community residents improve the quality of their lives to reflect individual God-given dignity and personal achievement.
Instruct children in activities designed to promote academic, social-emotional, and physical growth while following NJ Best Practice for after school programs.
- Follow all policies and procedures of New Community.
- Plan individual and/or group activities to stimulate growth of the children in social-emotional and academic areas.
- Encourage individual work time to promote independence and group work to promote socialization.
- Plan and implement education and skills workshops for parents of students participating in the program.
- Maintain a safe and healthy classroom environment.
- Assure classroom equipment, furniture, materials, and supplies are properly maintained and stored.
- Maintain accurate and up to date student records
- Coordinate field trips