NCC is seeking an experience Dietitian in Long Term Care to join its dynamic staff. In this role, the Dietitian will be responsible for assessing the nutritional care program of the residents in the facility. The Dietitian will assist and prepare the menu for the different menu cycles of the year. The Dietitian will advise administration and food service department as needed on all clinical aspects of each resident diet and oversee issues in the kitchen including menu development, substitution of food, supplement use, and food temperatures, etc.
- Ability to assess the nutritional status of residents inclusive of lab value interpretation, consumption patterns, weight maintenance, food/drug interaction, dietary compliance, resident independence and overall nutritional
- Ability to perform nutritional assessments on all new admissions and residents who are at risk for nutritional problems. Assessment must include recommended intervention(s) and appropriate follow up to nursing staff, the Food Service Director, and Administrator.
- Demonstrates the ability to document nutritional assessments in resident’s MDS, dietitian notes, and in the electronic medical record with recommended intervention(s). This may include reviewing the documentation of other departments regarding nutritional concerns. Also writes and keeps current nutritional care plan on each resident that is deemed necessary by the IDCP team.
- Demonstrate the ability to review and document menu changes.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, and respect for the principles of resident rights. Maintain a two-way communication with facility Administrator, Food Service Director, and Nursing Service Management.
- Ability to submit a monthly QA written report to Administrator. The dietitian will also submit a QA report to QAPI Committee on a quarterly basis.