The Building Trades Instructor’s primary role consist of teaching students building related skills and techniques based on the program’s Building Trade curriculum using practical and classroom methods. He/she will monitor and motivate students to ensure they are given significant opportunity to succeed and excel in the program. The Instructor will also be responsible for assisting in the development of lesson plans, instructional materials and written and practical exams.
- Teach a course load appropriate to Building Trade discipline through practical, classroom and demonstration methods.
- Plan and organize instruction in ways that maximize documented student learning.
- Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies to communicate subject matter to students.
- Modify, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse student needs.
- Employ available instructional technology, i.e. the internet, tele-courses, interactive technology, when appropriate.
- Encourage the development of communication skills and higher order thinking skills through appropriate assignments. .
- Monitor safety procedures in student operation of equipment and shop/site overall safety.
- Contribute to the selection and development of instructional materials in accordance with course objectives.
- Incorporate core competencies into curriculum
- Develop, update, and post course syllabi in a timely manner.