New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development agencies in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development.
The Infection Control Nurse is responsible for coordinating the entire Infection Control Program in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations and as may be directed by Administration to assure the highest degree of quality patient care. The Infection Control Professional will report to the Infection Control Committee and to all departments in the facility in recognition of the fact that an effective Infection Control Program necessitates the cooperation of the entire staff.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, coordinate, and direct our infection control program in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern such requirements in nursing care facilities.
- Ensure that the facility is in compliance with current CDC, OSHA, and local regulations concerning infection control or standard/universal precautions.
- Maintain infection control precautions and aseptic technique that successfully correct problem areas.
- Interpret infection control policies and procedures as necessary.
- Maintain a reference library of written infection control material that will assist the facility in meeting the day-to-day needs of the isolated resident.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Administrator, as necessary/required, concerning the infection control program of this facility.
- Assist all departments in evaluating and classifying routine and job-related functions to ensure that tasks involving exposure to blood/body fluids are properly identified.
- Monitor infection control practices and procedures to ensure that all personnel are implementing our standard operating procedures for tasks involving exposure to blood/body fluids.