New Community Corporation (NCC) in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development organizations in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development. It has provided training to community development professionals from around the country and the world, having hosted representatives from more than 20 countries throughout the years. The mission of New Community is to help residents of inner cities improve the quality of their lives to reflect individual God-given dignity and personal achievement.
The Resident Services Coordinator will provide direct resident-focused service intervention to NCC residents and their immediate family members with various needs by advocating, referring, and or coordinating services with the appropriate Local or State agency. Also, provide support services to disabled residents and those with poor health with the goal of living independently. The Resident Services Coordinator will be expected to provide case management to NCC residents and provide reporting to department management.
- Assess the needs of residents, including physical, mental, social and financial needs and develop a plan for service delivery.
- Monitor and evaluate service delivery, and reassess as necessary.
- Interview and screen residents to determine eligibility for programs and entitlements and assist with application procedures.
- Assist resident in completing and expediting forms and applications.
- Provide information and referrals to residents and families on programs and resources on local, state and federal levels.
- Contact family members as needed to obtain information, discuss service arrangements, or to encourage family involvement.
- Plan and implement monthly programs/activities to meet the needs of residents, including establishment of social, cultural, educational, recreational and group activities.
- Coordinate health screening programs.
- Communicate and utilize all NCC resources to meet resident’s needs.
- Work closely with NCC Extended Care Facility staff for services as may be needed.
- Serve as resident advocate / liaison.
- Develop volunteer programs and informal networks.
- Treat all residents and family members with respect and courtesy; participate in active listening to identify resident’s needs.
- Maintain current/updated charts, records, vial of life forms and appropriate documentation.
- Assist in the orderly transition of residents to hospital, nursing homes and other institutions as required.
- Conduct Quality of Life inspections, at a minimum, every six months.
- Maintain resident data for reporting purposes. Provide reports in a timely manner.
- Other duties assigned by Resident Services Department Director or the Director of Property Management.
- Assist and coordinate with Residents activities
- Provide data through the reports and documents