New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development agencies in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development. It has provided training to community development professionals from around the country and the world, having hosted representatives from more than 20 countries throughout the years. The goal of New Community is to help community residents improve the quality of their lives to reflect individual God-given dignity and personal achievement.
The Property Manager is responsible for property management in affordable housing buildings and properties. The Property Manager will also undertake income certifications, rent collection, leasing and working with household residents. Will work both independently and in a team environment, excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Perform initial and annual income certifications
- Ensure compliance with established HUD, LIHTC, and other applicable policies, procedures and budgetary constraints
- Administer rent collection following corporation policies.
- Review housing applications, maintain waiting lists, and respond to housing inquiries
- Prepare leases/renewals and screen applicants.
- Coordinate move-ins and orient new residents
- Initiate and review work orders for repairs, provide follow up.
- Perform general administrative functions including lease preparation, maintaining files and reports
- Maintain documentation required by the Federal, State and local agencies
- Promote safety and security of persons and property
- Coordinate with other corporation departments; Environmental, Services, Security, and Social Services.
- Investigate complaints, disturbances and violations in resolving problems.
- Prepare detailed budgets, financial reports and operate the property with the budget guidelines.