New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development organizations in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development. It has provided training to community development professionals from around the country and the world, having hosted representatives from more than 20 countries throughout the years. The mission of New Community is to help residents of inner cities improve the quality of their lives to reflect individual God-given dignity and personal achievement.
The Senior Case Manager (SCM) will be responsible for assisting in the promoting the NCC mission in all service delivery, ensuring quality, professionalism and efficiency of the services provided. Responsibilities include under the general supervision of the program administrator, case management services to program participants; ensuring that the program is operating in compliance with all contractual requirements including but not limited to date entry and reporting using Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), program rules and standards. Additionally, the SCM is responsible for providing case and file guidance for Intensive Case Managers (ICM).
Primary purpose of this position is to assist in maintaining superior levels of customer services by serving as a senior advisor for ICMs, organizing and evaluating the delivery of services and procedures.
- Manage the full life cycle of case load and HMIS program data by ensuring that data is up to date and accurate within the prescribed time frames.
- Conduct new participant intake and ensure all supporting documents including documentation of homelessness are verified and on file to determination of program eligibility.
- Conduct comprehensive participant assessments to collect functional, environmental, psychosocial, financial, employment, housing, educational, and health information as appropriate to develop a case plan.
- Maintain a caseload of participants; at a minimum, meet with participants on a bi-weekly basis to provide case management services and document progress in achieving stated goals.
- Maintain case management files for all participants; monitor and document progress of participants.
- Monitor, create case notes and verify services provided to each participant on a monthly basis, determining quality and effectiveness of services provided.
- Initiate the transfer of an individual to other services or terminate services when the client determines they are no longer required or desired.
- Assist consumers, guardians, and families in maximizing their abilities for self-determination by enabling them and empowering them in decision-making to the greatest extent possible.
- In collaboration with program administrator, review case plans prepared by staff to ensure that they are well-matched to participant needs identified in the comprehensive assessment
- In collaboration with program administrator, develop a model support system to meet participant needs by identifying and coordinating a variety of available services necessary to maintain independent living.
- Train new ICMs and provide emergency backup coverage in the absence of the assigned ICM
- Coordinate various aspects of Case Management services; including referral, intake, eligibility determination, program planning, monitoring, assessment, and evaluation of consumer needs / services
- Develop and maintain two-way communication with ICM’s, state representatives and other agencies.
- May assist with conducting staff performance appraisals recommend and/or implement personnel actions in collaboration with Program Administrator.
- Monitor and oversee the HMIS reporting systems on a monthly basis and monitor the data quality of reporting to HMFA and the CEAS Committee.
- Responsible for generating monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reports for submission to management and funders.
- Collaborate with public and private agency to assess and improve the delivery of intensive case management.