To ensure that the appearance of the property is maintained, troubleshoot, install and repair the building. Buildings include, but are not limited to; grounds, boilers, steam and hot water.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs daily maintenance services throughout the company
- Complete work-orders as assigned property manager and/or designated supervisor.
- Complete daily work orders and other assigned task. Turn in completed paperwork at the end of each shift worked.
- Responsible for tasks, such as fixing leaky pipes, painting rooms, patching drywall and fitting locks.
- Ensuring building and grounds are cleaned and maintained.
- Provide on-call and after hours coverage in case of emergencies. Assist the Facilities Department in the removal of snow.
- Perform any additional duties as deemed necessary.
- Demonstrates general knowledge of carrying out repairs as necessary to maintain a building
- Demonstrates ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize and multitask effectively
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of plumbing, simple electrical, carpentry, tiling and/or flooring, miscellaneous repairs and maintenance skills.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Demonstrates ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization
- Demonstrates commitment to the aforementioned Mission and maintains high standards of quality of work ethics and possess good customer service.
- Demonstrates ability to adhere to Agency policies and procedures
- Demonstrates respect, cooperation, consideration and tact in dealing with peers, supervisors and others
- Demonstrates ability to cooperate with the agency and the applicable State department or division licensing unit with any legally mandated inspections or investigations
High school diploma or equivalent
3-5 years of experience in related field.
Training and other requirements
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States and successfully pass any and all requisite pre-
Valid Motor Vehicle License with an acceptable driving record in accordance with the insurance carriers "Driver Eligibility Criteria" document
Maintain flexibility in order to successfully perform job and meet deadlines.