New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development agencies in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development. It has provided training to community development professionals from around the country and the world, having hosted representatives from more than 20 countries in recent years. The goal of New Community is to help community residents improve the quality of their lives to reflect individual God-given dignity and personal achievement.
New Community Corporation fits into the bigger universe of 1.6 million American non-profits and 4,000 CDCs, which have a total annual revenue of $621.4 billion and employ 10.2 percent of the total labor force. The CDC movement has been a major force in the redevelopment and rebuilding of inner city neighborhoods, responsible for more than 550,000 housing units, 247,000 jobs and the development of 71 million square feet of commercial space. The CDC movement has succeeded in developing low-income areas where government has failed.
In this role, the Job Developer will establish and maintain activities to develop and secure job search and job placements for the SAIF program.
- Establish and maintain ongoing contacts with a variety of businesses and industries representative to promote job placement for SAIF associates.
- Contact potential employers, research Internet, newspapers and other resources for job leads.
- Match individual’s qualification such as background, skills, and interest with job; refer qualified SAIF associate to employer.
- Conduct follow-up with SAIF associates that are place due to referral.
- Maintain and make referral to job fairs, recruitment agencies, and other related resources.
- Assist participant in preparing for job search by providing resources and material; such as resume writing, interview preparation, assessment of attitude
- Any additional duties assigned by supervisor