New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development agencies in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development. It has provided training to community development professionals from around the country and the world, having hosted representatives from more than 20 countries throughout the years. The goal of New Community is to help community residents improve the quality of their lives to reflect individual God-given dignity and personal achievement.
Exterminator - Maintenance Worker will inspect building and premises for signs of pest and infestation throughout NCC Properties. Respond to and treat areas affected by pests. As a member of the Environmental Services Department will also be assigned to other locations within the NCC network of properties to perform maintenance related duties both indoors and/or outdoors. This includes, snow/ice removal, room set-ups, landscaping duties, etc.
- Carry our pest management plans
- Inspect premises for signs of pests or infestation
- Determine type of treatment needed to eliminate pests
- Conduct preventative measures to deter pest infestations
- Determine plan of action and remove pests
- Use baits and set traps to remove or kill pests
- Apply pesticides in and around buildings and other structures
- Create barriers to prevent pests from entering structures
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work area.
- Communicate with Property Manager with building related work projects/issues.
- Can be called into to work outside of business hours for emergencies.
- Document work completed
- Operates motor vehicles
- Orders materials required to accomplish given tasks
- Accountable for assigned company tools.
- Follow all safety guidelines, including procedure for reporting work relates accidents.
- Demonstrates respect, cooperation, consideration and tact in dealing with peers, supervisors and
- Demonstrate professionalism consistent with mission, vision and values of New Community Corporation with all residents, clients, families and fellow employees.
- Perform any additional duties as deemed necessary.