New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development organizations in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development. Visit our website at www.newcommunity.org for additional information on our organization.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Property Management is responsible for the overall management of New Community Corporation’s affordable housing of 1,700+ residential family/senior units, fifteen sites within multiple NJ municipalities. The Director will lead team of seventeen to reach department goals and corporation’s mission.
- Oversee the financial expectation, housing management and occupancy levels for all NCC housing.
- Ensure HUD, New Jersey Division of Housing and Community Resources, New Jersey Housing Mortgage Finance Agency (LIHTC) rules and regulations are being complied with;
- Ensure NCC housing is complying with NJ Housing & Mortgage Finance Agency (HMFA) and Federal Housing Administration (FHA) rules and regulations.
- Ensure housing recertifications are completed in timely manner.
- Monitor the operations, maintenance and record keeping of all properties to ensure compliance with HUD, lender and investor requirements.
- Create and monitor budget for the Property Management Department.
- Review and prepare monthly reports to submit to CEO, CFO, lenders and investors as needed:
- Overall property conditions / situations;
- Vacant apartments;
- Tenant Delinquency reports.
- Ensure staff complies with current applicable Landlord-Tenant Law and Fair Housing Law including Reasonable Accommodation procedures and policy.
- Ensure Property Managers are adhering to rent collection policies and procedures.
- Ensure maximum occupancy levels.
- Increase revenues with timely submission of rent increases;
- Minimize vacancy loss due to processing of applicants