New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development agencies in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development.
The Compliance Manager will be responsible for ensuring that our management office adheres to laws, regulations, and policy set forth by NCC, HUD and any other affiliate internally or externally
- Keep up-to-date on regulatory development within and outside of the company to ensure best practices in compliance control
- Interpret the laws and regulations pertaining to HUD and housing
- Make recommendation to Senior Management as deemed necessary.
- Prepare reports and maintain records as required.
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve as needed.
- Identify risks or non-conformity issues.
- Collaborate with senior management and other departments to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations.
- Review and work closely with property managers to identify compliance issues and provide advice and/or training.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned by supervisor